Pre Operative Instructions
- ATTIRE: Comfortable casual clothing and footwear are preferred.
- FOOD: A light meal is recommended prior to surgery unless otherwise instructed.
- BLOOD THINNERS: Aspirin should be stopped 7-10 day prior to surgery unless otherwise instructed. Blood thinners (Eliquis, Xarelto, Coumadin etc.) that have been prescribed by a physician can usually be stopped but only if approved by the prescribing physician. Please inform Dr. Quinta of any blood thinners, prescribed or otherwise prior to your appointment so that we can work with your physician to help minimize the possibility of extended bleeding.
- MEDICATIONS: Please inform Dr. Quinta of any allergies you may have to medications prior to your appointment. If you have been prescribed antibiotics, please follow the instructions given.
- ANXIETY/SEDATION MEDICATION: If you have been prescribed sedative/ anxiety medication, please make sure that you bring a designated driver to your appointment.