Are you considering dental implants? As far as replacement teeth are concerned, dental implants are the highest quality option. But with quality comes cost, which is why dental implants may be higher in cost than other options. When it comes to your dental care, you should carefully weigh your choices before making a decision, and cost is not the only factor.
A dental implant is a complete artificial tooth and root system. The titanium root is placed in the jaw to form a solid anchor for the crown. The porcelain crown looks very natural and the implant functions just like a natural tooth. Dental implants in most cases, have the highest integrity in tooth replacement solutions.
How much do dental implants cost in Springfield, MA? Here’s what you can expect.
Average Cost of a Dental Implant
You can expect to be quoted somewhere between $3,500 and $7,000 for a single dental implant to replace one tooth. Where the actual cost falls within that range depends on a variety of factors. You may even be quoted a higher or lower amount than that. The only way to know the true cost of a dental implant for you is to have a consultation with a dentist or periodontist.
Factors that Affect the Cost of Dental Implants
The cost of a dental implant varies from patient to patient and from one dental office to another based on:
- Location of the tooth. One big factor is where the dental implant will be placed. A front tooth is easier to access than a back molar, so the process may vary in terms of the duration and complexity. A front tooth is also more aesthetically important than a back tooth because it is highly visible and must accurately match the other teeth in size, shape, and color.
- Number of dental implants. Because dental implants are priced on a per-tooth basis, the more teeth you have replaced with dental implants, the higher your overall cost will be. If you need multiple teeth replaced, your dentist may recommend a dental bridge or a partial denture, both of which can be supported by the remaining healthy teeth or a few dental implants.
- Geographic location. Where your dentist’s office is located in the world will make a difference in the cost of a dental implant. The cost of living in an area plays a part in all aspects of life, including dental services. Larger cities and densely populated areas may result in higher dental costs than small towns and rural areas.
- Your dentist’s level of experience. The more experience a dentist or periodontist has, the higher your dental implant cost may be. With the higher cost comes skill and precision that will increase the chances that your implant will be successful and last for a lifetime.
- Any preparatory procedures needed. In some cases a patient may not be an ideal candidate for a dental implant right away. This is typically due to a lack of bone quantity or thickness in the jaw. In order to prepare the jaw for a dental implant, a bone graft procedure can be done to fortify and regenerate the existing bone. This and any other preparatory procedures will add to the overall cost of getting a dental implant.
Why Dental Implants are Worth the Cost
There are many reasons why dental implants are considered to be the best quality tooth replacement option:
- Preserve bone density. A dental implant preserves the bone structure of your jaw that would otherwise deteriorate with no tooth root in place.
- Natural appearance. A dental implant looks as much like a natural tooth as possible because the crown is made of porcelain that resembles tooth enamel and it is anchored in the jaw in essentially the same way a natural tooth is.
- Bite strength of a natural tooth. A dental implant offers the same bite strength as a natural tooth without damaging any neighboring healthy teeth.
Life Dental Specialties Provides Quality Dental Implants
If you want the best tooth replacement option, a dental implant is it. Life Dental Specialties recommends implants to patients in most cases because of the myriad of benefits they provide. Dr. Quinta is a skilled periodontist with extensive experience placing dental implants with success.
We look forward to providing you with top quality tooth replacement services.